Win an exclusive 4 day pass to the Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival 2016 for you and a guest, plus three nights luxury accommodation within walking distance of the festival.
About the Competition
Words have the power to change lives, whether those words are spoken or written. They change the way people think, feel and act. We’re often unaware of their power, taking their presence for granted.
But perhaps you can recall a specific occasion when hearing or reading something that altered the course of your life. Or perhaps not hearing something meant you missed an opportunity that should have been yours.
We’d like to highlight the power of words, and the role they play in our lives, with a writing competition.
How to Enter
Tell us in 500 words or less how the hearing of words has shaped your life. It may be something specific, like an event or something you heard that changed things for you, or it may be something more general like how it keeps you connected to people or opportunities.
Please feel free to use poetry or prose. It simply has to leave the listener or reader with a greater recognition of the role the spoken or written word plays in our lives.
The winner will receive 2 exclusive Festival Passes to this year's Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival that will enable you and a guest to attend all or any of the events over the fours day, plus three nights accommodation at the delightful Pebbles luxury bed and breakfast.
Submitting Your Entry
To submit your entry either email or post your entry to us no later than Wednesday 31st August 2016 with your name and contact details. Entries will be published on our website after the closing date. Good luck!
Entries must be received no later than 11:59pm on Wednesday 31st August 2016. The winner will be notified by Saturday 10th September 2016.
Terms & Conditions
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees of Audify Ltd.
- One entry per person.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible or indecipherable will not be valid and deemed void.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel arrangements.
- We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- By entering this competition you agree to your submission being used by Audify Ltd in any marketing and promotional material, whether online or in print, without remuneration or breach of copyright.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and photograph and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Audify Ltd relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Each submission will be anonymised and the layout standardised in order for the judges make their selection based solely on the content of the submission.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, or is unable to attend the Festival, Audify Ltd reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner.
- Failure to respond and/or provide contact details, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out above and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.